Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
A tasty and well balanced dinner. This meal is high in fibre and high in protein making your life a healthier one.
DIFFICULTY: Medium MAKES: 6 COOKING TIME: 1 hour
- 1 onion
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 400g of butter beans
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup of brown rice for every 2 cups of water
- 1 tomato
- A handful of chives
1) Set your oven to convection baking at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
2) Grab your sweet potatoes and scrum them. Remove any excess earth, then pat them dry.
3) Cut your sweet potatoes in half.
4) Grab a tray and place parchment paper on it.
5) Place your potatoes with the center (the more orange part) facing upwards.
6) Pour your olive oil onto your sweet potatoes.
7) Add a pinch of salt, and another pinch of pepper on each potato.
8) Sprinkle smoked paprika onto your potatoes as well.
9) Once that is done, put the center of the sweet potato downwards.
10) Place your tray into the oven. Have them cook for thirty minutes.
11) Grab a red pepper and cut it in half centimetre dices.
12) Finely slice two cloves of garlic.
13) Open the can of beans and rinse them for a few seconds, then leave them to dry.
14) Grab a tomato and cut it in half centimetres.
15) Grab a pan and place it on your stove at a medium heat.
16) Grab your onion and garlic and place them into the semi hot pan.
17) Keep an eye on the ingredience in the pan. Stir them every once in a while, making sure that they do not burn. Let them cook for five minutes.
18) Grab another pan and pour your rice and water into it.
19) Place the pan on your stove at a medium heat. Have it cook for forty five minutes.
20) Grab your sliced peppers and tomatoes and place them into the pan with the garlic and the onion. Have this cook for another five minutes.
21) Add two pinches of salt and pepper to the garlic, onion, pepper and tomato mixture.
22) Add your beans into the pan with the garlic, onion, pepper and tomato. Stir everything together, then leave it to cook for five more minutes.
23) Pull out your sweet potatoes and scoop out the center of the potatoes.
24) Place the center of all the sweet potatoes into a bowl.
25) Add the inside of the sweet potatoes into the pan with the garlic, onion, pepper and tomato.
26) Stir everything together.
27) Grab your chives and finely cut them, then add them to the mix with the onions. Let that cook for five minutes.
28) Once that is complete and the rice is ready, add the rice is fully cooked, add the rice to the other mixture.
29) Once that is all cooked, take the mixture and place them into the shells of the sweet potatoes.
30) Grate some cheese onto the mixture. Use any cheese you want and any amount that you want.
31) Once that is done, put it back in the oven to cook a little longer, just until the cheese melts.